The secret to your home’s interior design is Love.
If you love yourself, you create a home for your happiness.
If you love your family and friends, you create a home for their happiness.
The next step of love is to be grateful for your home. Gratitude lays the foundation for creating glorious spaces to share your love.
The final aspect of love is joy. Homes designed for joyful living are not decorated for prestige and show; homes designed for gracious living are decorated for happiness and the joy of life!
Interior Design Psychology Tips for Decorating Your Home with Love
1. Don’t clutter your home with too much decorating. The important accessory in your home is you and your family or friends. Select quality furnishings for comfort, beauty, function, and emotional support.
2. Create spaces that support your emotional well-being and productivity. Determine the activity of a space and choose design details that support this use. For instance, soft gray walls in home offices give support for creative writing while slate blue striped walls offer organized tranquility.
3. Give tribute to your family heritage. Honor your ancestors by using design details that tie to your sense of tradition.
4. Bring Mother Nature indoors. Green foliage represents life and growth. People have an innate sense of feeling connected to the earth. As a bonus, houseplants help keep the air fresh.
5. Add your personal touch and creativity. Design a stencil from a loved object or make a stained glass window. Feel connected to your home through physical work and your daydreams of the next improvement.